Whoa, last day!
Some last days are great.
For example:
Last day of high school.
Last day of work before Christmas Vacation.
Last day of prison. (I would imagine? Maybe we have to ask Lindsay Lohan?)
Today, though, I am feeling a little blue. Not expected at all! Honestly, I just never thought I would actually blog consecutively...well...ever? But I have! At least I have 31 times. Whoa.
::Day 31::
My feedback on this little exercise.
That's right, I am going off prompt today. The last day. Because the thing is, I felt that this entire series was one big vivid memory game. No need to rehash. That said, I do want to discuss my thoughts and impressions on the past 31 days of nonsense...if you will allow me. Or even if you won't. Thanks.
Thinking
This blog-a-day series made me think a lot more about my own life than I usually do. I think a lot, but typically about what to eat next and how much chocolate it takes for death-by-chocolate. Nope. This series asked some tougher questions than I was expecting. That was hard. Some days I did not want to blog, so thanks for allowing my to fill this space with nonsense.
Learning
I feel that because I had to think so much harder, I actually learned loads about myself. Namely:
1) I am a rule follower. Tell me to blog about one specific thing, and I will give it 110-percent!
2) I love to write. Love it. By this, I do not mean the writing that I do all day every day which consists mainly of HIV policies for countries I may never see with my eyes. And grant requests, oh yes, asking people to send me things to read...those serve very important purposes, but they are not writing for the love of writing. I like to write, write. I like that I can actually share an idea and think kinda critically and be biased and put my real feelings into the world and see what happens. Even backlash. Yep, I am imperfect, as is my writing. I still love it. So, so much.
3) This was a sprint that sometimes felt like a marathon but was not. This was one month of consecutive writing. I wrote more this month than I ever have before, and it was awesome! That said, this was one tiny piece of the long haul. So I don't think I will stop. I likely won't blog each and every day, but I also have no plans to stop. I will write until the actual day that I turn 31 (which is in 3 days to be precise) At that point, we'll see what I have to say and take the posts as they come.
Growing
I feel that I have grown exponentially in the past few weeks. Which was unexpected! I started this with my typical outlook on life which is slightly skewed with a touch of sarcasm. I am ending this series humbled by what I am willing to put out on the interwebs with no remorse. More humbled by the outpouring of support of all of these things.
I spoke with a new friend of mine today who told me, "It's funny what we learn about people from social media these days - it's like we know them before we really know them!"
She is so right! But it got me mentally reviewing what I may have shared in this space without accounting for the way it makes me look. You know what? I cannot think of one.single.thing. that I would change here. Not one. I only know that this has been one of the least guarded undertakings in the most public venue I have ever shared in my life, and I am so grateful for it.
Those are all of my thoughts, impressions, leanings, and things you likely didn't want to read anyway - but thanks for bearing with me y'all! Here's to getting to 31, and to seeing what's beyond!


1 comment:
I'm glad you will keep writing & enjoying writing & sharing. I enjoy reading you blog entries and maybe it will inspire me to more writing.
Post a Comment