***This is mostly a post for me to remember some things about my husband. Expect it to be filled with all things saccharine-y sweet, feel free to stop now or read on- you have now been forewarned!***
Hey husband!
I have to admit that I am not so good at gifting you with things.
I partially blame you for being the kind of guy who has no preference for worldly or monetary things. This can be maddening, and yet it helps me to realize the things that I really, really love about you. Here, in no particular order, are the 14 things I love about you most on this 14th of February 2012:
1. I love your frugal nature. Rarely do I say this, but we would not have a roof over our heads, a few new cars, or a deep, deep love for the 99-cent store if you were not 50% of this relationship. Thank you for keeping me on a budget.
2. I love how great you are at growing facial hair. It is endlessly entertaining to me, and the fact that it really frustrates people around you makes me enjoy it more {rebellious much?}. I even like the scratchiness of kissing your bearded chinny-chin-chin.
3. I love that you do goofy things with me. I mean SERIOUSLY goofy things. It is awesome!
4. I love how much you love kids...and they LOVE you! From watching you hang out with our awesome nieces and nephews to seeing you lead the spirits of your 11-year-old Sunday School class I am endlessly amazed by your patience and love for the age-impaired.
5. You bring two-thirds of the patience to this marriage. No matter how crazy I get, you are always so even-keel. I am learning to be more like you in that respect...very slowly but surely!
6. You are Canadian. I never even knew a Canadian before you. But now you, Ike from South Park, Pamela Anderson, and Steve Nash can all go play ice hockey together. That is always great for a laugh!
7. You are up for anything! This is great for me because if you didn't push me to try new things, well...I wouldn't! Whether it's a last-minute trip to Austin to watch football, a day of golf provided free {see #1} or Kayaking with whales, you make life really, really fun!
8. I {secretly} love your addiction to sports. Any sports, almost without discernment {minus the WNBA} Much like point #2, there is something incredibly male about this.. Added bonus?? You are a great party trick because you can work nearly any room
{except one filled with professional female basketball players??}
with your sports knowledge!
{except one filled with professional female basketball players??}
with your sports knowledge!
9. You are secure enough with my judgement to happily see me off to go travel the world and trust that I can take care of myself! There is much to be said for this- it is awesome to have a self-assured hubby who shows me that you believe I am a strong gal too!
10. Even though I do the world travelling mostly alone, you are always taking me to awesome local spots! I love going on new adventures with you, and finding cool things right here in our own backyard.
![]() |
| {Denver- a mile high with the Mayor} |
11. You are so stinkin' handy! Who knew?? Seriously, I am endlessly impressed by your ability to just...fix stuff! From the microwave, to the front yard, to the toilet- I never feel like we have to hire people...we have you!
12. I love every. Single. One. of your sweet, sweet teeth! Dang you can put down some sugary treats! Thank goodness you chose me, because I have this inherent need to bake sugar at least four times per week and I can count on it not hanging around for long! Love you!
13. Is your favorite number. And mine too. We were marred on Friday the 13th of October. Do you remember that?? You said it was lucky. It was. And is. 13 is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your favorite number with me forever and always.
14. Is the age I was when we first met. In Wixom's class, and I was kinda bratty. I have proof:
Then you married me when I was 24 and still bratty...but you still love me! I have proof:
Love you darling, Happy Valentine's Day!






6 comments:
What the what?!?! You're Canadian? This is my Judgement Face.
TK- he is NOT Canadian...he is fake Canadian. This is because he is so scarcely seen by my co-workers that they started telling people that, "SURE she has a "husband"...he lives in Canada...no really, he's Canadian so he just can't come here that often..." Awesome.
Whew! I was have a serious soul searching moment over here. Thank you for the clarification...although I do have to say that even joking about Canadian citizenship can be trouble.
Judgement Face rescinded.
WAIT MATT IS CANADIAN????
so sweet! you guys are such a cute couple. and next time you're in euro, make sure you come by my hood for a yodeling good time! ok, so they don't yodel in the southern part, but we could eat some pasta. xo!
So good to see you too! Let's hang out. And I'm totally with you on #1 - I'm pretty sure budgeting is why marriage between a man and woman is ordained of God. :)
Post a Comment