Friday, July 10, 2015

Lucy Update: Eleven Months!

Eleven Month Stats:
Length: No idea - tall? Since I haven't been able to get real measurements, Lucy is in 6-9 month clothing depending on the brand. She's still a little gal!
Weight: 20 lbs. 
Likes: Standing, walking with help (although she could totally do it on her own - stubborn gal), other people's food, reading and books, animals, baby friends, park time, the beach.
Dislikes: When daddy comes home and doesn't immediately pick her up. 
Nicknames: Lulu, Squishy.
Teeth: Two bottom

Whew, this month has been fast and furious! No huge milestones - it seems like Lucy is just loving the stage she is at, and we are too! This kid is just so fun and as we zero in on the final month of this first year, we couldn't be more proud or happy with our little lady.

A couple things that we did this month:
Lucy is obsessed with playing the piano with dad. It's pretty great. She also thinks that if she plays the piano during the day her daddy will appear. Sorry, Lulu - it doesn't really work that way.

 There are so many cool kids in our group of friends, and specifically Lucy has found a few of the older girls that will play with her. These girls are so sweet to her and really treat her like she is one of the big kiddos! Lucy cannot get enough. She just loves these little ladies.

 This gal really likes to help mom. She helps fold laundry (throws it on the floor systematically), helps make the bed (by jumping into all the pillows on the floor) and helps cook (by sitting on the floor at my feet until I pick her up and let her see whats going on). She is our very helpful little lady!

 This kid is pretty much a grown up - drinking out of her cup all the time now! If it has a straw, she will get that liquid!

Our mall has a pretty hilarious play place. Lucy loves going to it and climbing all over the place with the big kids. We frequent this spot more than I would like to admit, but she really thinks she is a big kid when she plays here...

Finally, we were invited to a baby shower a few weeks ago and my friend had all of the tables decked out with sparkles! It was pretty much Lucy's version of heaven...she sat in the smack middle of that tablecloth in her pink tutu and just reveled in the fancy. I don't know where we got this fancy girl, but we simply love her to the moon.

The countdown to one year is officially on, and I both can't wait and I am terrified! I still feel like this little gal is such a baby, but then I look at how smart and strong and capable and funny she is and realize that we have a little girl on our hands! We just simply love you Lucy Lulu.

1 comment:

Cindy Mik said...

Can't wait to see her.. The piano picture is too funny!!