Ten Month Stats
Length: No idea - tall?
Weight: 19 lbs.
Likes: Standing, walking with help, other people's food, library story time, animals, baby friends, park time.
Dislikes: People taking anything from her. Ever.
Nicknames: Goose Face, Gooser Goose, Squishy
Yeah, yeah, this took forever...if I'm honest, we may be living this little life with Lucy too much to remember to write about it? Can that be my cop-out? No?
Okay, let's have some real-talk. Lucy is the best thing that has happened to our family. The best. From the first minute she has been a pretty "standard" baby. In that, I mean there has never been colic, she got on a sleep schedule fairly easily, she likes almost everyone, has alternated between boob and bottle since birth, and will take formula just as easily as breast milk. Textbook, right? Well it turns out there are things that happen to moms that people don't really tell you about. Let's discuss breastfeeding more, shall we? (skip this if you just don't care...I get it)
For Mother's Day this year, which was also the day Lulu turned nine months old, I decided to just wean her once and for all. We had been sort of hobbling through the nursing thing, supplementing with formula, and it was honestly TONS of work and a fairly rigid schedule for both of us. She was past the magical six month mark and was living on her own immunity, and everyone felt great about this decision. I pumped until she was just about ten months, she wasn't nursing, and I was trying to decrease my milk supply. Well, it worked alright, but it worked all at once. Like, one day I was pumping full bottles, and the next I just completely dried up with nary a drop of milk in my whole body.
And then I went totally crazy.
What the crap? I was unprepared for this situation! Turns out that despite not having postpartum depression, having this pretty easy babe, and not having had trouble with nursing originally, a mother can be plunged into the depths of crazytown when she ceases to produce milk. Who knew? So this past month has been a blur of hot flashes and crying at Dove soap commercials, but I assure you some other things happened too. Such as...
We took some time early this month to store away Lucy's clothes. I feel like I am on a constant mission to keep clutter out of our cluttered home. At least Lucy can pack and label her own boxes now. Obviously.
We also visited the San Marcos Library approximately 204 times. We chewed on their toys instead of our own and found this enormous copy of Goodnight Moon. It was a pretty raucous time all around.
One day Auntie Meggo took Lucy and I out to find fancy clothes. How is it that a 10-month-old has a preference toward sparkly things? The only competition for sparkly things is tulle skirts. Lucy will sit and grab all the tutus in her closet for nearly hours. She's inherently fancy.
This was a breakthrough moment. We've been trying to introduce the sippy cup to Lulu for about a month now, with no success. Then her friend Russell showed up to a party with this sippy cup that has a straw, not one of those weird spout things. That was the winner, and now this kid gets super pumped when she sees anything with a straw. Or even just a straw. Bonus? She will drink ANYTHING through a straw. Which means now we can give her water and pedialyte, which were both off limits before. Woot!
We capped off her ninth month with her second airplane trip! We hit up Sacramento and had a great time with all of the cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. It was the greatest!
So, that was the majority of the past month, and we are looking forward to the next few months - I feel like the countdown to one year is on! And I am already torn up about losing my little baby!

No comments:
Post a Comment