Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Lucy Update: a half year already!?

Six Month Stats
Length: 28" (TBD)
Weight: Heavy!
Likes: Scooting and rolling, dancing, the park, her baby friends, and eating!!
Dislikes: Being sick. My poor girl was sick more of the month than she was healthy but she was still the happiest kid I know.
Nicknames: Lulu, Goose, Goose Face Killa (anyone?), and I still call her Squishy more often than not ;o)

Six months...seriously? I was with a friend yesterday who asked how old our tiny little baby is now. When I said, "Oh, she will be six months old...TOMORROW!" it shocked both my friend and me! How did this newborn baby turn into a six month old? Stop it.

If last month was a month of firsts, this month was a month of sickness. Lucy has been all kinds of sick! It feels like the whole world has had some kind of cold or flu bug and our little lady did not escape them either. I have to say though, for a sick baby she is still one stinking happy gal! She cracks us up with her sunny personality.
Remember last month when we started Lucy on solid foods? Welp, the joke was on us because this poor gal is allergic to rice cereal. So that brings the vetted allergen list to:
1. Milk
2. Rice cereal
I do sometimes wonder how we will eventually keep this kid alive while off of dairy...and what food allergies may stick around in the long run. I mean, who is allergic to RICE? Needless to say we promptly switched her over to oatmeal cereal and she is happier than ever to be inhaling real food.

It has also been really fun this month to see how much fun Lucy has with other kids. She loves all sorts of people, but this month she really took to her little friends. It's really all I can do to keep up with this babe's social calendar.
Babies holding other babies is just always hilarious, obviously.
Church is never complete without a sweet little baby fight. They really enjoy each other, I promise. It is just all about the wrestling to secure their rightful place as Alpha female of the under-one-year set.
This was a play date with one of my good friend's little boy. As you can see, Lucy and her tiny manfriend stayed endlessly entertained by the older cousins. Best babysitting I have had in her entire life provided by a five-year-old!

One last thing I wanted to write down for our memory is Lucy's complete infatuation with her daddy. Despite my own close relationship with my dad, I never really "got" the whole dad/daughter relationship from the parental perspective. Well, I have to say that this bond is legit! Lucy can be completely content with me all day, and even be having a great time but the second that Matt sets foot in the door I may as well be chopped liver (or rice cereal in her case?). He comes in and just makes her entire life better. It is truly awesome to see. Recent daddy-daughter hangouts have included rolling and scooting practice, movie nights (he introduced her to Fantasia and Winnie the Pooh this month with two thumbs way up on both counts), and lots of general tossing about and swinging. She loves anything that he loves so it really doesn't matter the content of their time, and I couldn't have a more full heart watching them.

There it is, another month in the books. I need to slow down time, but every day with Lucy is so much fun that we just can't bring ourselves to keep her little.

No comments: