*I've recently been informed that we will no longer call Lucy "Squishy" which has been her nickname since birth. Instead, she will now be referred to as "The baby formerly known as Squishy". Matt is concerned about a weight complex. I am fairly certain this new nickname will guarantee her some time on the therapist's couch for sure, but at least she won't identify with the name Squishy?!
Length: 25"
Weight: 13 lbs.
Likes: Getting dressed, getting undressed, water, walks, singing to the piano, rolling over front to back, and naps!!
Dislikes: Being awaken from a nap before she's ready, and not being the center of attention.
Nicknames: Squishy, Squishface.
Recent story on Lucy's center-of-attention-ness. We were at church this past Sunday and she started getting super fussy. I had just changed and fed her, she had just gotten a nap, so I knew it wasn't any of those things. Matt ended up taking Lucy out of church as she was getting a little disruptive, and I followed about 2 minutes later with the diaper bag just in case she actually was dirty again. The minute I came out of the chapel she just stopped fussing and started smiling and laughing looking at us both. Matt just said, "Yep, you win kid. We're all here for you now!" She seriously just loves when both of us are with her and she is the center of the moment. Smart girl.
This month Lucy tried out all sorts of new things.
She typically sits in her swing on the floor while we eat, so we decided to try her out in her highchair at the table with us this month. I think she likes it!
We also took a spin a pumpkin carving for Halloween. Again, I think she liked it?
Finally, Matt's youngest sister Laura just returned from her mission in Brazil and is now continuing to serve us by living with us (I know!!) and hanging out with Lucy all day, every day while Matt and I work. To say that these two are becoming best friends super quickly would be an understatement.
I'm not sure how we got so lucky, but we couldn't be more grateful for Laura (Lala to her nieces and nephews) and all that she is doing for our little gal. We are really hoping she still likes us after her stay here is up ;o)
I really am starting to wish time would slow a bit. I cannot believe our little lady is growing so quickly! I always told Matt jokingly that I would push her over if she started walking before nine months...but now I am concerned I may have to make good on that promise!




No comments:
Post a Comment