Friday, October 10, 2014

Lucy Update: Two months and a fairly big decision

Our squish face is two months old! I am dying over how fast everything happens, and how much I have loved being her momma for the past two months.

Length: 25" (98th percentile)
Weight: 12 lbs.
Likes: sports on TV (don't judge-she will watch football for hours with dad!), piano music, her daddy, milk
Dislikes: Sleeping. Yep, still. Also having anything dirty on her. The minute she is wet/poopy she screams!

This month things got fun. Lucy started smiling and is much less a baby-shaped lump and instead is engaging. She smiles at daddy the most for sure. When he comes home every single day she is thrilled to see him. Matt and I decided that she loves us each individually, but when our whole family is together she really knows it and loves everything even more. It's pretty neat that at eight weeks old she already gets that family is awesome.
A few other noteworthy things happened this month:

Lucy went swimming for the first time this month! She wasn't wearing an awesome bathing suit, even though she owns three, but this outfit did the job - and Lucy loved swimming. 
Matt was really gentle with her and kept sweeping her feet back and forth to make sure she was comfy. Then mom stepped in and blew in her face and dunked her right under. No child of mine is going to be scared of the water (please do not call CPS). She was perfectly fine and we can't wait to get her back in the pool!

Matt, Lucy, and I also made a pretty big family decision. Here is a picture of me with my new boss:
I have loved working with DHAPP for the past eight years, and when I left to have Lucy in early August I never in a million years thought I would not return! That said, when we started really looking into childcare options, it seemed fairly obvious that childcare outside of our home isn't the right place for our gal.

So, we have officially taken the plunge and after a short return to the office for the remainder of 2014, I will begin working solely for Lucy Inc. on January 1, 2015. What?!? Who AM I?? I will desperately miss my old work life, and at the same time I am really, really excited to be this girl's mom full time for awhile - at least until she can start talking back. Then you know we are shipping her off to daycare!

That was the second month of Lucy's life. Let's hope for a few less big life decisions in the coming months!

2 comments:

mama bear said...

OMG! I am so happy for you about staying at home. It is so hard but the best decision you'll ever make. You will NEVER regret it! So proud of you! Love you both!

Susan said...

That is a huge decision. One filled with many ups and downs but totally worth it. She is adorable and I am looking forward to a day we get to meet.