Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Lucy Update: One Month
On September 10, 2014 our little Lucy turned one month old! A few things to remember about her first four weeks:
Length: 23.5"
Weight: 10 pounds, 4 ounces
Likes: Partying all night, her daddy, milk
Dislikes: Sleeping. This gal hates naps and night time. Hopefully she will figure out her schedule soon!
We have been most surprised by what real, true sleep deprivation feels like. I have always worked a job that keeps me up at all hours of the morning, but I could usually shift my schedule to accommodate. With Lucy, there is no sleeping, no napping, nothing. I am so, so tired it's just beyond belief but it's been so fun and thrilling all at the same time.
Matt blessed Lucy on August 27th at 1:00pm. She was so cranky and tired all morning long and I was nervous she would just scream the whole time. We used the same blessing dress that some of Lucy's cousins had worn - and that Matt's mom made! It was funny to see our gal in all those ruffles and because she was blessed at three weeks old, she was a tad tiny for the dress. When we got to the church and put the dress on she just melted away to sleep. It was the sweetest and best way for her to be blessed - and her daddy did just great.
We love this gal, and cannot wait to see what lies ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment