That said, life calls us to enter a world where there are duties and other people on occasion and I have been pretty lucky to spent my away-from-home time doing neat things. This is where I absolutely have to shout out to the coolness of my job. I seriously love the work that I do, and the people I work with. Over the past three weeks, work has taken me to Washington, DC for our yearly reviews. It looked a lot like this.
Getting ready to head out...and trying to figure out how to pack for snow. What's snow?
Once we got to the hotel in Rosslyn, my coworker and I went for a walk to the grocery store up the street and saw this little sign posted at the parking garage next to our hotel. So funny!
The next morning, we awoke to this! Snow day! This day in March will be the one and only time I see snow this year I imagine. I try to avoid that stuff...
After three days spent indoors for meetings, the snow dissipated, the sun poked it's head out, and we walked across the Key Bridge from Arlington into Georgetown. Georgetown University is just not gross at all.
Loved the colors of the boats at the Georgetown Boathouse. So bright!
Years ago when my friend Erika lived in DC, we went to this little locally sourced, sustainable salad shop called Sweet Green that was started by a few University students as their Senior Thesis Project. I loved it then, and I LOVE it now! I seriously try to eat at this place once every time I head back east. It's so good!
I go to DC just about every Spring. Spring is cherry blossom season for the city, and the trees get so heavy with the flowers, that it snows cherry blossoms in the streets. The funny thing is, I have been going to DC annually for about five years now, and only THIS YEAR did I finally see a real cherry blossom! This was the tree outside of my hotel room, and it pales in comparison to the trees down at the Tidal Basin, but these are still some really gorgeous trees.
It was a great few weeks, both the work and my minimal downtime were incredibly well-spent. Still, I am not sure I have ever been more thankful to see my bags arriving at Lindbergh Field here in San Diego.
I just love my home!








No comments:
Post a Comment