Saturday, March 15, 2014

The verdict is in...

After we got the greatest Christmas present ever back in December, we started to wrap our brains around growing a human. Started is actually a reach...I would argue we are just now starting to wrap our brains around it. Maybe this is how it is with growing and raising a child from now on?

Immediately Matt and I began casting our votes for names for both boys and girls. More for the fun of it because obviously there is one baby (yes, only one...whew!) and that means a boy OR girl. Our lists actually evened themselves out as we mulled it over, no biases emerged. Each time we chatted about "preference" we both could only reply that it really didn't matter - in all honesty, it really didn't!

Slowly however, we began to use "he" "him" etc. to talk about the kiddo because no one's child should be an "it", am I right?  Then we did all the old wives tales; The ring on a string? Boy. The Chinese Fertility calendar? Boy. You only crave meat and salt? It's a boy. The always popular how-are-you-carrying-your-baby-weight? Boy! And finally, we asked everyone we know to just weigh in - all signs pointed toward BOY.

Well folks, the verdict is in!


It's a good thing Matt knows how to play princesses so well.
I hope I can pick that skill up in the next five months.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Girls are awesome! When I was pregnant with my first, a girl, my bishop at the time, whose first child was a girl, said that it is a nice way to set the tone in the family.

I can't believe how many commas I used in the comment.

The Woodlands said...

Ha! Andrea, I have heard this from loads of folks! We are thrilled to meet our baby girl for sure!

charlotte said...

KELLY!!!!!! BEYOND PUMPED FOR YOU GUYS!!!!! we are back in SD! we have been hiding out in our fixer-house, trying to put back what we destroyed. we must get together soon!!! xoxoxoxo 858 860 4884