Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Insta-lately: September 2013

Here we are again, another couple of months have flown past, and we're already into autumn?? I don't know about breaking out the sweaters and boots yet but, given we are in the midst of our first rain of the year right now, I guess I don't have much say in the matter.

Well, whether time moves too quickly or not, according to my trusty Instagram feed, we've been busy the past few months:

Labor Day was spent re-laying our garden...and then re-laying our bodies out by the pool.

Target went ahead and jumped the shark by putting pumpkin and caramel apples out waaaay too prematurely for my taste.

The little ladies from youth group had a hair and nails party at our house one Tuesday night, and can I just say that these gals are talented! They braid things I never even knew existed! 

Every September, the City of Encinitas holds a huge festival where all of the wood-sided vehicles in the western states convene at Moonlight Beach.

My Dad and Cindy come down the third week of September each year for this event, and we always make the (looooong) walk down to the beach to see the vintage cars. Really it's a great chance to catch up and hang out...

...and make up lazy time with this bean:
Work hard, lounge hard people. It's a lifestyle.
I'm sure I've said it before, but Matt is just a way better chocolate chip cookie baker than I am. It's his specialty. It was to my great surprise that he got all wild one night and added these carefully placed M&Ms to his typical mix. 
Getting crazy!
We also hit up a Mission Hills High School football game wherein we saw some more of our youth group guys crush Oceanside High to take the top spot in their division. Go Grizzlies!

The tail end of the month brought a super-rocking head cold along with it. Five days of no tastebuds. Rude.

And on a recent trip to the Mart of Wal, I was greeted with this little display. Not cool, Santa, not cool at all.
I hope each of you have a fun-filled Fall!

1 comment:

LG @ thelaurelgazette.com said...

your pup definitely has the right attitude!!!