::Day 6::
If you couldn't answer with your job title, how would you answer the question, "What do you do?"
Today I am being asked to share what I actually do, like, for my life!
Is it sad that this may be a more difficult question to answer?
Perhaps I should break this one out into smaller categories!
Yeah, that might help...
What do I do (for fun):
I really, really enjoy physical activities. I am almost always up for a walk, hike, run, swim, even bike. Biking can be tricky though, as I have a history of crashing. Not so stable this one.
I also really enjoy eating. Truth. My favorite eating is breakfast food. When I meet people who are prejudiced against eating breakfast anytime of the day (i.e. breakfast for dinner) it makes me feel deeply sad for them. Obviously breakfast is the best meal ever.
Side story: I share an office with a gal who cannot eat eggs. She gags at the smell, sight, taste or sound of them. Sad.
This gets me thinking that perhaps my calling is to take up a collection or form a support group for non-breakfast-for-dinner folks?
![]() |
| Breakfast for dinner - most important meal of the day. |
I absolutely adore baking. I am not such a great cook, but that is why I got married, right? Matt is a supreme cook, so I can be the one offering up all of the baked goods. It strikes a nice balance in our home. If I told you that I bake at least three times a week, would that be surprising? I hope not, because it is 100% real life. For me, the best thing about baking is that it is not like my occupation where a project can take months or even years to complete. When I have had a stressful day the best thing to relieve stress is get into the kitchen. Start a recipe. Get messy. Finish a recipe. Clean-up. Eat delicious sugar-filled carbohydrates. That is stress relief at it's finest, my friends!
![]() |
| Peanut butter blossoms are stress-relief! |
What do I do (for love):
I have the greatest husband. I also have the greatest friends and family. Often, I look forward to just kicking around with these folks! We like to try out new things, especially finding some hidden gems in our neighborhood. We are newly-minted suburbanites, and moved out of the city from La Jolla, CA a few years back. In La Jolla the beach community ruled all of our activities, so our new suburban neighborhood doesn't always strike the same intrigue. Over time, we have found a few great restaurants and parks in our new 'hood that have become our go-to spots.
| Trying out Segways in Coronado |
Now I ask you, what do you do besides your work?




1 comment:
Now this sounds like you! Love the first picture with the bikes. Where was that taken and who are you with?
Post a Comment