What are your middle names?
Mine is Nicole, Matt's is David after his dad.
How long have you been together?
We've been together for 4 and a half years (ish).
How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We met in high school when I was 14, so we knew each other for 9 years before we started dating and 10 years before we were married...and NO we did not date in high school. Matt was Awesome and I was a BRAT! Not much has changed.
Who asked whom out?
We mutually agreed to go to lunch as friends. Next thing you know it's 10 hours later, we are watching "Garden State" and he is kissing me goodnight...so weird!
How old are each of you?
I'm 27 and he's nearly 30. I think 30 is going to be our best year yet!
Whose siblings do you see the most?
Mine for sure! My sister Megan lives about 20 miles north of us, so we see them the most.
Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
I would say it's the amount of things that we agree to without "checking" with the other first. For example, we have approximately 1,287 weddings, birthdays, baby showers, and football games to attend every month and we rarely if ever are seen at these things as a couple. We tend to forget to coordinate schedules and then end up missing each other!
Did you go to the same school?
We both went to Starr King Middle School and El Camino High School. But for college he went to BYU in Provo, Utah while I was at Chico State in Northern California.
Are you from the same home town?
Yup-Sactown Baby!!! Best place on Earth.
Who is smarter?
Matt on all counts. I am good at reading a book, memorizing the content, and regurgitating it on command. Matt is super book smart and actually retains the information. Additionally, I have always said he would be all of my lifelines if I ever get on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" because his head contains all of the random trivia. Ever. In History.
Who is the most sensitive?
Me for sure. I am always getting all weepy about something.
Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Los Primos, the taco shop next to our house. Except we actually walk there, place Matt's order (a Pollo Asado Burrito) then walk next door where I order Sushi, then walk back to grab his order and eat it all together...
Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Hawaii in miles, but Utah in hours. We have done the 10-hour Utah drive twice...
Who has the craziest exes?
FOR SURE it's Matt. One of his exes broke into his house and stocked his fridge with frozen pizzas, steak, and lobster so that he would continue to date her. He doesn't even like fillet or lobster. Another introduced him to her mother on the night BEFORE their first date. Funny Crazy stories! I could go on and on!!
Who has the worst temper?
I have the most explosive temper. I save it all up and just freak out all at once. Matt just gets upset about little things (people making right turns without turn signal, when we eat at a restaurant and they don't come to refill water, having to wear a seat belt, the price of movie theater popcorn...) throughout the week.
Who does the cooking?
Always me, and lately him. He is so good at making turkey tacos and roasting chicken. SOOO good!
Who is the neat-freak?
I like a clean kitchen and bathroom, he LOVES to vacuum. My sweet mother-in-law tells the story of how Matt didn't go to preschool because he wanted to stay home and vacuum with her. I am super lucky!
Who is more stubborn?
Matt is for SURE, he learned from the best!
Who hogs the bed?
Matt hogs the bed, but I hog the covers! He elbows me in the head or kicks me in the side nightly. I was recently out of town for a week and when i got back it took me three nights to get used to sleeping with the abuse nightly. I LOVE him for it though, it makes for such good stories!
Who wakes up earlier?
ME! I am notorious for waking up, cleaning the house, making muffins, and going for a run before he even stirs on the weekends. I wish I had that kind of dedication.
Where was your first date?
CHILI'S! We both laugh about this now...not such Chili's fans anymore. We capped off the night on my parent's couch watching "Garden State". Cheap date.
Who is more jealous?
Unfortunately, both of us are the antithesis of jealous. I say unfortunately because sometimes I wonder if this is indicative of something...or maybe we're just coolheaded.
How long did it take to get serious?
FOR. EV. ER. Seriously, for a Mormon kid pushing 30 Matt was a slowpoke in the dating arena. Should we call him a "late bloomer"?? I was ready to get married after the check came at Chili's that first day!
Who eats more?
Matt's typical day includes three meals, three snacks, two bowls of ice cream minimum, and a HUGE Protein Shake. He is a CRAZY eater. We should find a way to make money on this...
Who does the laundry?
Depends on who is not asleep on the couch post-church on Sundays. The faster you get to your Sunday nap, the less laundry you have to do in the Woodland Household!
Who's better with the computer?
Matt kicks my butt; although I think it's an unfair comparison because it's what he does for a living!
Who drives when you are together?
Matt ALWAYS drives when we are together, which is funny because for the first while that we were friends/dating he didn't have a car, so I ALWAYS drove. That changed immediately when he got his first car!
That's about it! I have loved every minute of life with Matt, and I hope he thinks I did us justice in my recollection of our history together!
Feel free to answer some or all of the same questions about your significant other in the comments, or leave a link to your website if you prefer answering there.
3 comments:
cute post! I love getting the inside scoop on peoples dating/love history. Matts lobster story is classic -
Happy Anniversary!!!
Happy anniversary Kelly and Matt. It has been For.Ev.Er since I have seen you but sounds like you are happy and as in love as ever!
This is fun! Our anniversary (5 years) is next week. I think I'll copy it and do one for the two of us. Thanks for the fun idea! Happy belated anniversary.
Post a Comment