Monday, June 3, 2013

You've had a birthday, SHOUT HURRAY!!

I am older, guys. 
That's what I am now...older! 
It's all good though, I feel like 31 is my year!

We celebrated! I unfortunately have very little to share with you visually from my birthday, but I can write a few highlights up for sure.

The girls that I work with at church sang me Happy Birthday in perfect something-part harmony. I received messages from my sweet in-laws singing and one of my favorite little friends Adelaide who also sang on my voicemail.  Such fun!

Cake was brought over to my house by another sweet friend of mine who was eight days past her due date with her fifth (and obviously most stubborn!) baby. I did not manage to snag a picture of this amazing creationbefore it was gone gone gone but lets just leave it with:

- Chocolate
- Cool Whip
- Toffee chunks
- Milano cookies

Dinner was a shared affair with our awesome live-in friends, the Charlton's, who made some awesome burgers and pasta salad for my birthday!
Perfect June BBQ summer food!

Matt really capped off the day in style with this little pile:
 
Which contained some super fun new workout gear!
Matt recently purchased a pair of hot pink tennis shoes, and he obviously realized this needed to become a family affair...
 
These were accompanied by some matching running tights and super-soft wicking socks.
Way to go buddy!

Well, that was a great haul and I was feeling pretty special - but then I was lead to my car under the guise of a broken somethingorother, and this little beauty greeted me!
What the???
So neat! 
Matt installed this with the help of one of our good friends, Luke, and I now have a super-bumpin' sound system and hands free Bluetooth capabilities...which is huge with how much I drive. 
Call me! I can always talk to you now!! Yesssss!!!

It was a great day, capped off with a "s'mores and desserts" night with some other great friends (okay, this was not specifically for me, but it was still a rocking good time).

Here's to 365 days of being 31!

No comments: