Saturday, December 22, 2012

A few of my Favorite Things!

Recently a few friends of ours gathered to exchange "A few of our Favorite Things".  The concept for the party was really fun - each gal brought four identical and inexpensive gifts that she considers to be one of her favorite things.  Then each lady pulls the name of four others who she gifts her favorite things to. At the end of the evening each of us ended up with four presents that represented just a few of all of our friends' favorites!

Some of the favorites shared among our group were yummy holiday candles, baking paraphernalia, hair and makeup items, and loads of sugary treats! I personally ended up with some excellent items that I think will be some of my new favorite things! One of my gifts from a good girlfriend of mine was a box of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal and a chocolate-hazelnut bar wrapped in a Kohl's advertisement.  It truly represented all of my sweet friend's favorite things...and it was hilarious as well!

The "Favorite Things" party really kicked off the Holiday Season on a festive note and also got me thinking of some of my other "Favorite Things" about Christmas and the holidays in general!  I apologize for doing yet another round-up on the blog, but I really like to talk about myself obviously they are just so stinkin' fun!

1. Favorite Christmas Cookie:
My momma’s snowball cookies – I have never made these myself…but maybe this is the year!
{aka wedding cookies/Russian tea cakes/butter bombs!}
2. Favorite Holiday Song:  
This one comes with sub-categories as there are really too many options for Christmas music!
For my favorite spiritual song it has to be Josh Groban and MoTab’s version of “O Come All Ye Faithful”.  However, if we are talking pure holiday fun it is most definitely Straight No Chaser’s version of the “12Days of Christmas”! Makes me smile every time!

3. Favorite Holiday Movie:

elf no question. (“I love smiling, smiling’s my FAVORITE!”)
We watch it each Christmas Eve!


{"I'm siiinging! I'm with my dad and I'm SINGING!!!"}
4. Favorite Holiday Tradition:
Caroling with the youth group at church. Matt and I have done this the past 6 years and it is awesome every time!

5. Favorite Christmas Day food: 

This is a toss-up between my mother-in-law’s rolls and my sister’s holiday crescent wreath!
{so delicious}

6. Favorite Person to Shop for: 
My sister for sure, but the past few years we have not really exchanged gifts as we would rather save our money for travel!

7. Favorite way to open gifts:

Matt and I have opened our gifts all alone the entirety of our marriage and we just exchange and open alternately. Stockings first. That way we can eat the candy while we open the other gifts! Our method is small and sweet and I love it.

8. Favorite Christmas decoration:

Hands-down it is the animatronic Holly Jolly Rock Santa that Matt’s family has out each year.  Even better?  Matt was gifted one this year for his birthday! YESSSSSS!!! Cowboy Santa anytime we want!
What are your favorites this time of year? This always strikes me as a neat time of year when we can both celebrate the birth of our Lord and share in all sorts of holiday fun with with loved ones.


We wish you all a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Ah, snowballs... we call them Russian Tea Cakes.

They. Are. Heaven.

Kristen said...

I didn't mean to leave you a zillion comments. Apparently I didn't think mind were going through. I'm crazed and technologically impaired.