Tuesday, September 18, 2012

This Week: September 17, 2012

It has been awhile since I just did a little fill-in on "This Week" 
I have come to understand that my blog really, really suffers when I am (overly?) busy.  Prime time for a "This Week" post to swoop in and save the day! 
Bonus: it is a fun way for me to think a little creatively and document regular stuff  too!
You can check out our past "This Week" posts here and here. 
I urge you to do one, it is surprisingly fun!

WHAT WE'RE READING: 
Kelly: “Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. I have not gotten far, but this one has loads of recommendations and the synopsis looks awesome!
Matt: "thesefriesaregood" too. much. ridiculous.

WHAT WE'RE WATCHING: 
"Idon'twannawait....for our liiiiives to be OOOVVVVVER!!" Dawson's Creek. All the Dawson's Creek in fact. Matt is building up his repertoire and I am reliving the late 90's/early 00's in all their introspective glory. We have gotten to Season 3 in approximately 5 days. So there is that.

WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO: 
Kelly: The Biebs. That documentary changed my whole world! I am dying for BABEL to hit the street. And this guy who I am obsessed with of late. So, so sad some of those songs (I am looking at you, A-Team)!
Matt: has been listening to one of our friend's sweet kiddos say, "Matt! Matt! MMMmmmatt!!" over and over each time they hang out. He thinks this is hilarious. I kinda do too.

WHAT WE'RE WEARING: 
Matt and I are both loving the looong summer, so it is all about shorts and tees! Fall looks suspiciously like Summer around these parts...

WHAT WE'RE EATING: 
Crock pot pulled pork in many cases...also Phil's BBQ because it is always great. And loads of frozen yogurt for me. love it.

WHAT WE'RE ENJOYING: 
Our families.  They are all great and keep on doing amazing, fun, lovely things:
(Jeff ran his first Triathlon!)
(Then Meggy and Jeff took off for Scotland!)
(Laurin and Mark blessed this little guy)
(Which lured Uncle Matt to Sacramento!)
(and brought all these monkeys back together!)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO: 
Kelly: Seeing our family in Sacramento in just a few weeks - we have an El Camino Eagles Alumnae wedding to attend!!
Matt: Literally just said, "I am excited for Kelly to make me a sandwich". He has super high hopes!

So there it is...this week!
Thanks for hanging in there with us!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Well this is a fun idea! Whose wedding are you heading to? It's always so fun to hear of HS people getting married!

The Woodlands said...

Morgan, use it - I love these random little updates from friends! We are headed to Danielle Baute and Brian Spiker's wedding (class of '98)

Unknown said...

This is such a fun CUTE idea! I might have to steal it from you sometime! I love hearing about the inside life of the Woodlands. You guys are awesome!! :)