Saturday, June 9, 2012

Better with age

I enjoy sports. I enjoy playing them 100 times more than I enjoy watching them (ask Kelly how many hours she has to sit through and the comment will mean a little more than your casual hyperbole). The joy derived from participating in athletic competition was instilled in me by both my parents at a very young age. 

When you are 3 years old, you know that your dad is going to beat you at everything, but when you are in your early 20's, I didn't think it would still be happening. By the time I graduated college, I think I had the upper hand at most sports, except for my dad's favorite: Tennis. So confident was he in his abilities to continue beating his kids that he put $50 on the table for anyone that could win a single set. It's been a decade. He's now 60. I don't know if I am supposed to be proud of this moment or not...

President Grant and I together at last.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Way to go Matt! Proud isn't the right word, maybe lucky. Lucky that Dad didn't set anytime limits on his bet!!!