Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yeah, thats gross!

My friend Morgan is really, really great at cake decorating.  She chronicles her triumphant foray into all things cake right over at her Chocolate Kitchen blog.  More impressively, Morgan has THREE BOYS to keep her busy and potentially distract her from her pretty cakes. And a shoe-box-sized NYC Kitchen. 
This could deter a lesser woman, but Morgan perseveres!

One of my other most favorite blogs is Cake Wrecks.  A good wreck can make me smile no matter what the day may bring! Save it to your favorites, I promise you can't read it without smiling...go ahead...try!

I tend to consider myself a bit of a "flights of fancy" when it comes to sweets. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake, whip things up, and test things out...usually without the desired results. So, while I try hard to mimic sweet Morgan, I am more apt to be found on Cake Wrecks one of these days.
{sidenote}
My work is pretty great. in fact, we really really get a kick out of some pretty twisted things.  So, when we were notified that we would be spending a full three days in meetings my co-worker decided that we needed something really weird to shake things up.

Thus, the Wrecker-tunity of the century presented itself:
{Devils Food.White Cake.Vanilla Oreo Crumbles.Melted Snickers.Tootsie Rolls.}
Yup. It's all cake. 
We ate the WHOLE THING at our work lunch today. 
And LOVED it too!!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

kelly, you are so sweet. thanks for the compliments! that cake looks so real and of course, disgusting. glad you guys could get past it and enjoy though!!

Kris Kanenwisher said...

Don't know whether to say yum or ick on that one...I guess that means it's successful. And yes, cakewrecks is one of my favorite blogs.

whitney said...

oh my gosh, i think i'm going to puke. :)

charlotte said...

i'm dying over that cake!!!! that is so hilarious! and that cake scooper!! i can't stop laughing and gagging!