Monday, September 27, 2010

good. Better. BEST!

Matt and I had a good trip to Las Vegas this past weekend.  Matt's friend and supervisor gave him a free two nights stay at Caesar's Palace just out of the goodness of his heart. Typically we would collectively be too busy/too broke/too tired to go do something like this on a precious otherwise unscheduled weekend, but the combined pull of neither of us having ever stayed at a hotel as nice as Caesar's and having not gone on a little couple-y getaway for a few ::ahem:: YEARS we jumped at the chance! 

Well we are sure glad we did, because we can't recall a better way to spend two whole days then lounging lazily around in a gorgeous hotel in a gluttonous city!

The good:
- The buffet at the Excalibur was just what we needed after the 45 minute walk down Las Vegas Blvd. on Friday afternoon...all you can eat shrimp and ribs?? YES PLEASE!!!

The Better:
- M&M's World!! We got to make and print out our own M&M's...so darling! also, the 3D movie (which was closed the first night we were there) is one of the best free things you can do on the strip (if you're Mormon. Or under 12-years-old)
- The guy that shouted at Matt (who was rocking one of his world-famous logo t-shirts), "Way to go man, wearing a t-shirt when your girl puts on a dress for you!!!"  This became sort of a motto for the rest of our weekend. I. am. Hotness. Matt is there to prop me up. (Love you darling!)
- Finding not one, but TWO pairs of pants at Anthropologie in the Colosseum Shops at Caesars for a grand total of $18.56

The BEST!
- Matt took me out to eat HERE. because he loves me. And because I LOVE Food Network. And Southwestern Cuisine. And Bobby Flay. I recommend it wholeheartedly
::{SIGH}:: Looooove!
- The next BEST was doing this all afternoon:
They watched over us all weekend...not creepy. at all. promise.
Bellagio Gardens decorated for Halloweenie!
My Punkin' with a Punkin'  {and his stalker in the background??}
LOOOVED these creepy decorations and purple light!
JUST like the real thing, huh??
FOUNTAINS!!
Random funny side-note: 
there was this guy that would hang out at the edge of the Bellagio Fountain and sing and dance and wave his arms {{conducting??}} whenever the fountains would start, and he was naked. mostly. But, hey, a guy's gotta practice his art, right?!?! Right??
It's just me, checkin' the views
Now the BEST BEST:
- After a loooong couple of days of walking, we ended up right back in front of Caesar's eating THIS for dinner.  Oh mama it is good! Wanna be jealous?? Here ya go:
Do I look like a showgirl eating a burger???
{{Banana Split. Mint Chip/Butter Pecan Waffle Cone. Soft Pretzel for dipping}}
{{HEAVENLY DINNER}}
On the way home I asked Matt his favorite part of the weekend and he responded with, "watching you walk around saying, 'I LOVE it here! I LOOVE it here!!!'" cause I do!  
Watch out Vegas, we will be back!

4 comments:

Malerie said...

That looks like an awesome little getaway! Glad you guys had a good time. I don't really love Vegas, but seeing all your pics makes me want to go!

Meleah said...

How fun! You two deserved that vacation. :)

Alicia said...

So fun! I am glad that you guys had a great time. Now come see us!!!!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

if someone give me a free trip can you babysit my kids?

you're SO lucky