Sunday, February 28, 2010

These are the Golden Years??


Overheard at Last Week's Young Women Activity:

"Nooooo!!!  You can't use words like 'Bumping and Grinding' or 'Freaking' or Moshing...these are OLD People. Use OLD PEOPLE Words so they can understand!" 

I was Dying!!!  These kids actually think their leaders (us) are old!!!  let me mention that their OLDEST leader is 28. The youngest? 23!!

This begs the question:
Did you think 20-something was old when you were a tween??

3 comments:

Tasha said...

haha too funny. I remember looking up to my 17 year-old YCLS as a first year at camp and thinking they were soooo old and sooo cool. Same with my EFY counselors.

I've had some experiences with this myself. My first semester at BYU was a summer term, and one day I was studying outside when a group of 10-year-old sports camp boys walked by. One asked in jest if I wanted to come bowling with them, and his friend responded, "don't ask her, she's an old lady! She must be like, 25 or something!" I was 2 weeks past my 18th birthday.

Gotta love those youth!

Kirstie said...

kelly! i am now in young womens and they think i am old and it kills me! i totally know how you feel!

B-Rad said...

I didn't even know what "20-something" was when I was in young mens. I just thought all my adult leaders were "older." Don't worry Kelly, you're not "old." Matt sure is though.