Thursday, December 3, 2009

I am thankful for... duct tape?

Happy Thanksgiving! Sure it's a week late, but so what. This Thanksgiving we were able to head back to the homeland (Sacramento) and hang with family and friends for what was meant to be a fairly routine holiday vacation. You know, eating lots of bad food, catching up on everyone's lives and taking lots of pictures of cute nieces and nephews.

That was until Thursday.

We ran a 10k Thursday morning and Kelly beat me by more than a minute. I felt embarrassed until I realized I am old, slow, out of shape and in no condition to be running 10k's. I even dress like an old man.

I felt much better about myself that night when I tackled a dude that broke into my brother-in-law's car. We tied him up with duct tape (yes, you read that right... duct tape) until the cops arrived. By far the high-lite of my life. I cant stop telling people about how cool it felt to tackle a guy that stole from you. It felt even better after we realized he had been in more than just one car that night. Neighbor after neighbor came by asking if we had had our cars broken into. Probably the best part was that the cops even laughed when they saw him bound with duct tape. "That's awesome," they said.

***This just in from Mama Woodland: “Update on the car "thief" as Dad called him. They found his cell phone in the Henderson's car, his name is Brian, he's 26 and was arrested for the same thing two weeks ago. Obviously they didn't do anything and he was back at it. I wonder if this time will be the same. So sad.”***

On our way home to San Diego, we felt like we could really use a visit with the guys from ECHS to lighten our moods. As you can see, they never disappoint.

Thanks for letting me win Home Run Derby guys....
We are looking forward to a nice, quiet Christmas. Happy Holidays everyone!

3 comments:

Kirstie said...

brad told me all about that story!! i think that is crazy!! how were you not scared to go after him??

Alicia said...

Every Thanksgiving Night we will hold in our hearts a moment of silence for our hero Uncle Matt and his brave, if not wreckless, feat that stopped numberless victims from losing their car change! What a memory! Thanks again!!!!!

pat said...

that's an amazing story! how many people did it take to tie the thief up? were you injured in the struggle?