HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!
I want to share with you the one thing that my family did for a few years when I was young, and it is something that I enjoyed immensely...and have obviously never fortgotten. I love this tradition so much in fact that I had to post it here on our family blog just for this super special holiday...the Easter Basket Cupcake!!! Now, I thought that this was a *Mikulecky-Family-Special* but apparently lots and lots of families do this, and it makes it BETTER as a family tradition if you ask me. Something to share with the masses and all that jazz.
I want to share with you the one thing that my family did for a few years when I was young, and it is something that I enjoyed immensely...and have obviously never fortgotten. I love this tradition so much in fact that I had to post it here on our family blog just for this super special holiday...the Easter Basket Cupcake!!! Now, I thought that this was a *Mikulecky-Family-Special* but apparently lots and lots of families do this, and it makes it BETTER as a family tradition if you ask me. Something to share with the masses and all that jazz.
Do not expect that my cupcakes will ever look like the ones posted above...I leave those sorts of creations to my ladies Jane, Kari, and Morgan who are phenomenal foodies! I will not even post real pictures of the ones I made...but just know how much I love Easter Basket Cupcakes.The hubby and I have had a great Easter Sunday. We awoke early to find that Bunny had not yet infiltrated our carefully placed booby-traps (think tin cans on strings and bells on the doorknob. We are fairly high-tech around here). 9:00am brought us to the Church to celebrate the true meaning of Easter: Christ's Atonement and his triumph over death. It was so spiritual and relaxing...
After church we hurried home to find that that dang Bunny DID in fact make it to La Paz and despite our best security efforts, he had left his droppings everywhere, in the form of little Jelly Beans. Thank goodness that we Woodland's LOOOVE Jelly Beans!
Kelly with the Easter HAUL...After we found these beauties, we attended to our Easter Feast. This was originally an intimate dinner for two involving Pork Loins, Mashed Potatoes and Salad...sounds yummy right?!?Here's what we ACTUALLY ate after I came to my senses about the time and cost involved in such a spread:
- Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwiches with Cucumber
- Cut veggies
- Potato Chips
The saving grace of this meal was that we got to pack it in our trusty picnic basket,walk to the park by our house, and enjoy it in the gorgeous 70 degree weather we have been having atop a picnic blanket at our leaisure. Lunch was followed-up by a lazy game of catch and soon we were back home and indulging in the fruits of the Bunny's labors...namely Jelly beans and Chocolate.
Seriously, this was a GREAT DAY! I hope you all have had a wonderful time with family, friends, or maybe just your wife or hubby too!!
We love you all!
4 comments:
happy easter to u. and anytime u wanna make silly cupcakes, i'll be there.
those cupcakes are so cute. what do you use for the grass stuff? we have been having great weather too. I LOVE it. all too soon, it will be too hot!
You are so cool you make me feel uncool! Can you teach me???
DId you really make those cupcakes? Because if you did you are so cute. What a creative idea! Ryan and I could love to do a G.S. date ngiht. I are completely obsessed too. Make sure you bring your stamp card!
Post a Comment