Sunday, February 17, 2013

(Valentine's) Weekend Warriors.

Valentine's Day came and went in our home with very little fanfare...and then...we celebrated the only way we know how, with home improvement!
Better than flowers
Matt arrived home on Thursday (the day of love) with a working washer/dryer combo! Yes, this is exciting as we have been basically line-drying our clothes for the past 3 months. He must obviously love me, with the abundance of domestic machinery and promises of warm, dry clothing!

Then, that guy went all weekend warrior on me with power tools and paint:
Whoa cuteness!
 Matt spent a good portion of the weekend anchoring things into various walls, while I hung out with girlfriends and shopped. Love.

I did arrive home to rooms that looked like they had met with tornado conditions, however it was really all very worth it for the big payoff!
Top Left: Hurricane Guest room
Bottom Left: My new diggs
Right: A whole new clothing mecca!
Testing out the space with Matt's "extra long space testing shirt"
This last picture makes it all real because, well, Matt trusted me to paint that space. Yes, it is a full 3 ft. x 2 ft. box and I painted that whooooole thing! Ceiling too - my shoulder muscles can attest to that as I now have searing pain in my lats where I had to hold the 10 oz. paint roller above my head for approximately 2 minutes. I am such a stud.

So, as this Valentine's Day weekend comes to a close, I am reminded of the prolific words of the classic film, Love Actually:

"It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends...If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

In our case, it is actually all around our house.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and here's to constant improvement!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great! I can't wait to have a house again... I think you totally hit it on the head when you said "better than flowers"! So fun to see what you've been up to!

And glad you survived cold, frigid temperatures & are back here in the glorious sunshine! :)