Friday, May 18, 2012

A perfect day for "Master"y of Public Health

Just seven {short} years into what should have been a quick little three-year program, I am finally finished!!

Let me tell you, there have been personal and professional HIGHS and {mental eyeroll} LOWS over the course of attempting to snag those three little letters behind my name {MPH} and now that I have them, it feels completely unreal!

May 17, 2012 marked the big day!
The day I had to pull on my big-girl pants, and completely expose the data and manuscript writing that I have so lovingly {and simultaneously hatefully} cultivated over the past few years to the open criticism of others.
Then defend it's integrity.
Even though things didn't start off great
{they locked me out of my assigned conference room...then told me I didn't have a reservation}
but by the time all of my favorite folks showed up to support me I was doing alright:
{Love him for sticking with me through this process!}
This is my team at work - Team BEST!
After I finished defending, each of us put our hands on the African countries we parter with
...and covered the whole continent!

Then this pretty little lady just strolled right through the door like it was totally normal for her to attend a thesis defense at SDSU at 2pm on a Thursday:
{glad you made it in time to hug the African continent with me Sister!}
And by the time I had finished my defense, shook hands with the brass, and heard the words,
"Congratulations on successfully defending your Masters Thesis!"
I was already feeling much better
...although gifts never hurt anything!
{Elegantly wrapped in a Delta air sickness bag...naturally!}
Three little letters.
Seven long years.
Well worth it!

All our love to each one of you who had me in their thoughts and prayers this whole way along.

6 comments:

Morgan said...

congrats!! what an amazing accomplishment!!!

Malerie said...

wow! How exciting! Congrats on all your hard work!

Mon Mon said...

Old hard work pays off at some point, congratulations Kelly! Now what's next?

Unknown said...

Nicely Done!!! Pretend Im taking you out to sushi to celebrate! And that I surprised you with a fabulous new very expensive gift.

Im very very proud! Seriously what an achievement!

Kirstie said...

You're amazing kell!! I'm so proud of you!! This is such an amazing accomplishment! And you looked darling as ever defending the booty out of your thesis!! Lots of love!!

Liz said...

Amen! Good for you, you will never regret the effort you made to get there. I say you are one tenacious lady ;)