Before we bought our house last year, it sat on the market unoccupied for more than four months. This allowed the yard to get a little out of control. Also, the previous owner was a
Master Gardner. No, seriously. I didn’t know this was even a real thing until we started getting her mail.
Anyway, as many of you (or should I say as both of you) know, there has been somewhat of a never-ending battle between us (me) and the 250+ rose bushes planted by the previous owner. We (I) had a lot of work to do to get the yard to a point that would allow for the occasional “mowing of the lawn” or “weed pulling” (aka low maintenance).
It has taken us (me) the better part a year, but we are happy to report we (I) are getting there, slowly but surely…
 |
| Oh dear |
 |
| Welcome to the Jungle |
 |
| Proper footware and gloves were added after thorn-prick 268 |
 |
| Relatively cleaned up |
 |
| Getting closer |
 |
| Kelly makes a cameo (first time for everything ;) |
 |
| One man floral-wrecking crew |
 |
| More roses. Ugh |
 |
| Wait... we have a fence? |
 |
| I call this one "No more missed college football" |
 |
| Victory! |
Ok, ok. To be fair, none of this would have happened without Kelly giving me the go-ahead to unleash a world of vengeance and fury on all the rose bushes that have ever crossed me. Not to mention the beautiful house that she keeps and never asks me to clean. I'll take lawns and bushes over toilets and dishes any day. I'd say we make a pretty good team.
2 comments:
+1 Man Point. Please drink a root beer in a bottle and think of me. *clink*
Correction...YOU are the master gardener! i can't wait to check it out in person.
Post a Comment