Friday, May 21, 2010

The Woodland Stimulus Package

Matt and I are nomadic by nature. That is to say that after approximately 3-5 years anywhere, we are both looking for a way to something else. That said, no one was more surprised than we were at the acquisition of this little beauty:
That’s just a little bit of real estate peeping for you…you like that, don't you?? Well if so, here is some more for you to feast your eyes on:
What you are seeing here is our very first, all our own, we have to pay a MORTGAGE NOW, new house!

We have been looking for what felt like forever for something that we knew could really meet our needs and that we would love for at least a few years.  My sister Megan and her soon-to-be hubby Jeff had moved into a home about a year ago in North County.  Then about 6 months ago our sweet friends the Corbett’s moved to a newer development in North San Diego County, and had fallen madly in love with the area.  Finally, other good friends, Buck and Meleah packed up their little family and moved North too!  So last month, we made the decision to bite the bullet (a pretty BIG bullet for me…in fact a 45 mile door-to-door commute sized bullet to be precise) and invest in what we hope to keep for at least the next 3-5 years when our old nomadic spirits may start stirring again! 

You may be thinking to yourself, “Why do I care…what’s in it for ME??”  And to this I respond in turn. You Sacramento folks, welcome to your new San Diego Beach House.  For the rest of you, look forward to some really great cook outs this summer because we haven’t had a grill for the past THREE YEARS and now is our chance to make up for lost time!

Just a couple more pictures and then you will have to wait until it’s furnished, or at least until we move some stuff in, for the rest:
Welcome to our house...come on in!

Don't mind Matt, or the lack of furniture, we are glad you are here!

Oh, that's our office! Now our things don't need to live in an 8ft by 8ft loft anymore!

Yeah, we still need a refrigerator, but for now we just put Matt there when he's on timeout...

Here's the breakfast nook. would you like french toast or pancakes??

Thanks to everyone for your help and support...we can't wait to have you over soon!

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

How exciting you guys! Congrats!!! The house look beautiful :)

Kirstie said...

yeah!!!!!! we LOVE your new house!!! we can't wait to be neighbors!

Unknown said...

It is beautiful Kelly!! Am so happy for you both!!!

B-Rad said...

Nice purchase. Where in North County is the house located?

Meleah said...

I love the house! The garden is beautiful. The layout is perfect and the hardwood floors are awesome. I am so excited to have you as neighbors again!

Joyce said...

WOW!! A real house in a real neighborhood with roses and everything. Congratulations! We can't wait for the real tour and I think Matt makes a great refrigerator.

Darby Family said...

Wow! Congratulations! So very exciting to have your own house. I love it.

Alicia said...

Matt kind of is a refrigerator, he holds lots of food, just don't expect to get it back. Congrats guys! It looks awesome. We can't wait to come and see!!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations you two! Isn't it soooooo nice to have your own garage, drive way, backyard, etc.? Enjoy it!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Congratulations Kelly and Matt! Where are you in North County???

Designing Woman said...

This is quite the feat in San Diego...this is a Big Deal! Congrats guys.
Also, thanks for your sac-town comments, i'll have to check out those hot spots next time i'm in town.
Good luck with the move...Yeah for you guys!

charlotte said...

i love it!!!! congratulations!!!! so exciting!!!! can't wait to have bbq's together!!! love you guys!!

Unknown said...

Yea! We're so excited for our new vacation beach house!It looks radical!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Oh Kell, I miss you too. I wish I could blog but I have nothing to blog about since the word of excel spreadsheets and documents that need my signature is not really noteworthy. I can't believe I used to be able to come up with informative tid bits to blog about. So sad. Maybe something will come along soon that screams excitement like a day at Disney and then I will blog it out!

Malerie said...

I know I'm a little late in saying this but...What a darling house! Congratulations! How much fun and grown up :) enjoy it!