Monday, April 6, 2009

We truly are blessed...

This past weekend our San Diego weather was GORGEOUS!! Somehow, despite the fact that it is Spring Break for many students, the influx of tourists to La Jolla has stayed pretty tame so far this year.
Matt and I were able to sneak out between sessions of Conference on Sunday afternoon and take a stroll on the beach near our old house. It has been awhile since we have been able to get down there together, but I am so glad we did! And we even remembered the camera this time!

This beach is down the street about a block from the first apartment Matt lived in here in La Jolla. It is where Matt proposed, and it's one of my favorite places in San Diego.

Matt and I are blessed to live on the same street as the LDS Temple here in San Diego. When I woke up (early!) on Sunday, I decided to prepare for Conference by walking the half-mile or so to the Temple, and I took a couple of pictures there too. It was such a beautiful, crisp Spring morning and seeing the Temple on Conference Sunday made me so happy!

Hope you all had a fun-filled weekend too!

5 comments:

Musings of the Mrs. said...

You really are such a lovely and blessed Mormon woman. But you do need to post more on your blog. And call me back!

The Riesenberg Family said...

I am a huge fan of LJ too! Let's never move anywhere else. I am in Utah right now and seeing those pictures confirms that I would be stupid to leave:)

Unknown said...

Boo. Now im depressed and will have to go out to sushi to feel better. Im still wearing a parka to the grocery store, and the closest body of water is a stinky river with ice chunks floating in it.

Conference WAS a great one though, and it was a lovely beautiful weekend inside my house :)

B-Rad said...

Hey Matt, did you happen to catch the opening game yesterday? 4-1 Dodgers, season series 1-0 Dodgers. I'm thinking it will be 4-0 by week's end.

Amy said...

Great photos! I am LOVING the weather lately too... how happy am I that beach season is like ten months long here?!? Too awesome.