Thursday, October 23, 2008

Party like Old Married Folks!

I LOVE October. It is arguably my favorite month. The crisp, cool bite in the air. The changing of the leaves. The smell of pumpkin pies baking. Wait...that would be in NORTHERN CALIFORNIA!!! Since moving here to San Diego, I must admit we are somewhat lacking for these familiarities that are so indicative of Autumn's arrival. In fact, it is actually 88-degrees out today as I write this post! So what is a NorCal couple to do when they yearn for the feel of Fall?? Head to Julian of course!!! And this past weekend Matt and I chose to toast our Second Wedding Anniversary in good 'ol Julian, CA with some homemade apple pie and ice cream! We had Tea (Kelly) and Toffee (Matt) with the Locals...

We checked out this old Pump House that had a well inside!!! They had turned it into an art gallery that had some of the most beautiful oil paintings I have ever seen...Thank goodness they put a gate over the top of the well because while I was admiring the artwork, Matt was for sure going to push me in...
After HOURS of searching we found this place to eat yummy Buffalo Burgers (made from real Buffalo...what?!?) which were DELICIOUS!!!
Then on the way home we stopped at the PUMPKIN PATCH in Ramona with a Corn Maze, Hayrides, a pumpkin shooter, and a petting zoo and picked the perfect pumpkins!!!
I have mentioned this little town before in my blog ramblings, but I seriously can't get enough of it. It is so cute and quaint and fun, and this trip we got to see all sorts of things we had not seen before, which was great! It was truly a wonderful place to celebrate two fabulous years of matrimonial bliss.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Congrats on two years of happy marriage! I love Julian. Hyrum proposed to me there! I really want to go pick apples there soon. And they have the best bed and breakfasts.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the anniversary! and i luv julian, such a fun little place

Tasha said...

Those my roomies! They are fun girls. I'm glad you discovered Julian, it's so awesome! If you want some fall come on up to Provo...the leaves are gorgeous here. I'll have to post some pics soon. I'll be home for Christmas and will most definitely come see YOU! Love you guys!

Alicia said...

Cute kids you two! I am glad that you found such a fun way to celebrate the big 02. Congrats for the Hacketts!

Unknown said...

I had no idea you have only been married for two years! Why are you so in sync and in love with each other like its been 4? Im a little slow apparently...

Anyway, Happy Anniversary!

And because we are bad friends I must send you our bad news. We only printed up like 30 baby announcements, and they are ALL GONE :( So your fridge will remain baby brigitte free for a while.
However, as penance, I can offer you a nice little christmas photo come this december. In the mean while, feel free to steal the fagos. They are probably sick of seeing her by now every time they want some milk :)

Karen and Nathan Freeman said...

Happy Anniversary Kelly & Matt! We just celebrated our first wedding anniversary on October 27th just after yours. Hooray for October! Happy Halloween!

DJB said...

How fun....you guys are so cute! How sad/awesome that we have to drive to Julian to get some chilly fall weather?! Happy 2 Years

The Andrews said...

Happy late anniversary! I am jealous you went to Julian, next time you go give us a call! Maybe we can all go up there one weekend to build some snowmen/have a crazy snowball fight!